Monday, March 5, 2012

Assignment 15: Research & Inspiration

Research:
Illuminated refers to the borders, illustrations, and ornamentation added to each page of text. Ornamentation included initials of chapters or paragraphs, paintings in margins, borders, and around text. Monastic monks began creating books by hand, taking the creation of books to an art form. Back in the old days, natural quill pens were used for the highly intricate and detailed work of the illuminated manuscripts.


Inspiration:
ancient looking
basic colors
very ornamental and detailed
neat
eye grabbing


Brainstorming:
-Who is my audience? All ages
-What am I trying to tell the audience? I'm trying to pull them into the page enough to read the text.
-What kind of visuals will work for this audience? Basic colors, very detailed artwork

-Song: 
    - - "Collide" - Howie Day
     - "I Won't Give Up" - Jason Mraz
     - "Neon" - John Mayer
    - - "Drops of Jupiter" - Train
     - "Follow Me" - Uncle Kracker


Inspiration Pieces:
I like how simple the
layout is

I like the picture inside of
the manuscript

I like the simple colors

No comments:

Post a Comment